Tuesday, June 7, 2011

May Favorites

Monthly favorites are one of my favorite blog posts to read and videos to watch so I thought I would start my own for May. I haven't really been wearing much make up lately but doing this post has motivated me to get back into it!

MAC Free To Be Eyeshadow
When I go through a coral phase (this seems to happen quite often) this is the first product I reach for. I was crazy about this color when I first saw swatches of it when it was coming out with the Give Me Liberty Of London Collection, but I didn't end up picking it up until a few months later when I was in Sydney. I am really glad that I did because it's been one of my favorite eyeshadows ever since I bought it.

Urban Decay White Rabbit (Polyester Bride) Eyeshadow
I used this eyeshadow a ridiculous amount last month. The glitter in it is so chunky and ends up all over my face but I was really trying to use something from my Alice In Wonderland palette because I have barely touched it ever since I got it!

MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre
A few weeks ago I was going through my blushes and trying to use something that I haven't used in a while so I grabbed this, and honestly I haven't really put it back down!

NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil
When I was thinking about what products I have been using a lot lately I realized that I use this as a base nearly every time I wear eyeshadow. It's kind of become automatic that I reach for this without even thinking about it.

NYX Nude Pink Lipliner
I've been using this pretty much every time that I wear something on my lips lately, it's my favorite nude lip liner at the moment.

YSL Rouge Volupte #1 Nude Beige
I think that this has to be my HG MLBB (my lips but better) lipstick. It's always guaranteed to be in my makeup bag so I have it with me wherever I go.

OPI Teenage Dream
I wasn't planning on picking anything up from the OPI Katy Perry Collection apart from the Black Shatter but when I saw this video I just had to get Teenage Dream! I'm so in love with this, its my perfect color and the pictures do not do it justice. Unfortunately it needs a few coats to be opaque but that's a sacrifice that I am willing to make! (Used 4 coats)


OPI Black Shatter
I first tried a crackle nail polish when I was about 11 or 12 but when I applied it and it cracked it just completely fell off, so I was excited when I heard that OPI were bringing out one and I picked it up as soon as I could. I've been wearing this over a variety of different nail polishes for a few months now and I've never used a nail polish so often in my life! It went a bit thick and goopy after a while and when I used it last week I didn't close the top properly and it seems to have dried up a bit. But I will definitely pick up another one. (Applied over 2 coats of Inglot #944 Nail Enamel)

China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze
This arrived in my letterbox earlier this week (it was delayed for a few weeks which killed me because I have no patience!) and I am so in love! Pink is one of my favorite colors so when I finally got this I instantly dropped what I was doing and put this on my nails. I'll probably be wearing this constantly for the next wee while! (Applied over 3 coats of China Glaze Spontaneous Nail Lacquer)


And that concludes my first monthly favorites post! I really hope you've enjoyed reading it because I definitely enjoyed doing it!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I would really love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That free to be eyshadow is stunning! I tend to be drawn to corals as well. And that ombre blush is bitchin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove the coral eyeshadow! I love the way you do your makeup, you're so pretty! I always love reading your posts and seeing your pics :) Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Than you so much, I really appreciate it!
    You have no idea how happy it makes me to see that people like reading my posts :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...